One of the tasks at the sixth WordPress Workshop in Novi Sad was to create an online store by using the WooCommerce plugin. Specifically, the task was the following:
- Install WooCommerce
- Create the default WooCommerce pages either manually or by using the Wizard
- Make sure that all the WooCommerce pages are added to the menu.
- Set the currency to dinar (RSD) and fill in all the store data.
- Create 10 products – 2 simple products, 2 simple virtual products, 2 simple downloadable products, 2 variable products each with 3 different variations, 1 group product, and 1 affiliate product.
- Set up shipping for Novi Sad (free), for Serbia (2000 RSD), for Europe (5000 RSD), and for every other area the shipping should be 10000 RSD.
- Setup a standard tax of 5% for all products.
- Activate Cash on Delivery. This payment method mustn’t be applied to virtual products.
- Activate PayPal and set up a PayPal sandbox account.
- Install and activate the Storefront theme.
- Put featured products on the homepage.
- Go through the whole purchase flow and activate a 50% discount coupon.
I created two videos which go through this task. The first one covers the steps from 1-8 and the second one covers from 9-12.
P.S. In the second video, one of the products wouldn’t show up in the grid of featured products. Only after the video did I realize I previously set the product visibility setting to Search Results only.
The final workshop of this series will be held tomorrow. We’ll have 4 talks total – one will be about WordPress website security and the other three will be on the subject How to make a career in WordPress. Cheers 🙂