My Plugins of Choice for a WordPress Website
If you are running a WordPress.org website, it is inevitable that you will need to install certain plugins to help you with the photo galleries, security, analytics, spam protection etc.
Half a year ago, I created my own website and I wanted to share my perception of chess (I am a chess fanatic) and how it is connected with life and everyday situations we find ourselves in. I purchased my space on the internet at GoDaddy and I installed WordPress.
After the famous 5 minute installation (thank you WordPress!), I had to choose the right theme for my website and the set of plugins I am going to install. I quickly chose the Blox theme by Cyberchimps (because it’s awesome!) but choosing the right plugins for my website required a lot more time and I tried many of them before I found the right ones:
- Akismet – the best plugin for catching spam comments. I love it!
- All In One SEO Pack – one of the best SEO plugins for your blog!
- Google Analyticator – easily add the necessary code for Google Analytics to your blog and monitor the statistics at your Dashboard!
- iThemes Security – a must for each WordPress website, it adds an additional layers of security and protects your website (I’ll cover more about WordPress security in one of my next posts)
- Jetpack by WordPress.com – so many perks you get from this plugin which boosts your blog tremendously, be sure to check it out!
- Limit Login Attempts – adds one more layer of security to your website!
- ManageWP Worker – the best WordPress websites management plugin, no doubt there. Also, I am Head of Customer Happiness team at ManageWP and I must say that, besides being one of the best plugins out there, their support is brilliant! 🙂
- Photo Gallery – my favorite plugin for photo gallery, simple yet effective!
- W3 Total Cache – one of the best caching plugins for WordPress!
This is my choice of plugins which I use on my personal WordPress website. What is yours?